Study: “Wrong” kind of trees in Europe Exacerbating Global Warming - Guest essay by Eric Worrall A study claims that the shift from broadleaf to conifer trees in managed European forests has caused 0.12c (0.21F) of warming i...
16 minutes ago
New York Times article (1975): “Scientists Ponder Why World’s Climate is Changing; A Major Cooling Widely Considered to be Inevitable.”
- The Times (24 Feb 1895) COLD "Geologists Think the World May Be Frozen Up Again"
- Time (10 Sep 1923) COLD “The discoveries of changes in the sun’s heat and the southward advance of glaciers in recent years have given rise to conjectures of the possible advent of a new ice age”
- New York Times (NYT) (18 Sep 1934) COLD “MacMillan Reports Signs of New Ice Age”
- NYT (27 Mar 1933) WARM “America in Longest Warm Spell Since 1776; Temperature Line Records a 25-Year Rise”
- Time (2 Jan 1939) WARM “Gaffers who claim that winters were harder when they were boys are quite right... weather men have no doubt that the world at least for the time being is growing warmer.”
- Time (24 Jun 1974) COLD “Climatological Cassandras are becoming increasingly apprehensive, for the weather aberrations they are studying may be the harbinger of another ice age.”
- NYT (21 May 1975) COLD “Scientists Ponder Why World’s Climate is Changing; A Major Cooling Widely Considered to Be Inevitable”
- Time (9 Apr 2001) WARM “[S]cientists no longer doubt that global warming is happening, and almost nobody questions the fact that humans are at least partly responsible.”
- NYT (27 Dec 2005) WARM “Past Hot Times Hold Few Reasons to Relax About New Warming”